New Assassin’s Creed 3 Wii U Details Emerge
The latest Nintendo Power issue has some tasty details about the Wii U version of Ubisoft’s upcoming behemoth, Assassin’s Creed 3, including details on how the game will make use of the tablet controller.
The following details were released:
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Or editor Davs has seen the game in action, and you can read his preview of the game here. Also, look at our lovely background. Isn’t it pretty?
Assassin’s Creed 3 is due for release on October 31 here in Europe for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The Wii U version currently does not have a release date, but expect to hear more on it at E3 when Nintendo announces the date for its latest console.